PENDOPHARM, a division of Pharmascience Inc. (“PENDOPHARM”) is committed to ensuring the protection of your personal information and the respect of your privacy. Personal information is any information about an identifiable person. Personal information includes information that can be linked to you, such as, but not limited to your name, personal address, personal phone number or personal email address. We take many precautions to keep the information you share with us safe, secure and private. We do not sell or give your personal information to third parties without your express consent.
1. Collection of information. On this Site, personal information may be collected in two ways:
(i) Non-personal information that is automatically collected in the course of using the Site; and (ii) Personal information you voluntarily provide.
(a) Non-personal Information
(b) Personal Information You Provide
Although you are not required to register to access our Site, you may be asked to provide us with personal information when you visit certain sections of our Site. Some sections of our Site may be restricted to certain individuals such as healthcare professionals and as such, we may require them to register upon entry to these sections by providing us with certain information. In addition, personal information may be collected when you request information or services offered on this Site. PENDOPHARM uses the information to respond to your request and as otherwise permitted by law.
PENDOPHARM shares personal information with various outside companies or agents doing technological maintenance or working on our behalf to help fulfill business transactions, such as providing customer services, sending marketing communications about our products, services and offers. We may also share personal information with PENDOPHARM’s subsidiaries and affiliates. All these companies and agents are required to comply with this Policy.
We may also disclose personal information for the following purposes: (i) in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of the Site to which the data relates; (ii) to respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; or (iii) where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
2. Use of Personal Information. Your personal information will not be used for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless you consent to a different use or the law requires it. Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this, we may use third parties working on behalf of PENDOPHARM. We will provide ways for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional or informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third party, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third party. You can elect not to receive promotional or informational materials from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
3. Limitations on Disclosure. Your personal information will not be disclosed for any purposes other than those for the specific purposes identified at the time of collection, unless you consent to a different purpose of disclosure or the law requires it.
4. Consent. Your knowledge and consent are required in order to collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable advance notice by e-mailing [email protected]. By providing your personal information on our Site, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information according to the terms of this Policy.
5. Storage of Personal Information. PENDOPHARM stores your information at 6111 Royalmount Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2T4 Canada.
6. Protection and Security Safeguards. PENDOPHARM employs reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect the security of your personal information. Our security practices are reviewed on a regular basis and we routinely employ current technology to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information is not compromised. PENDOPHARM considers the protection of children’s privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children nor do we allow them to become registered users of, or to request information through, our website or help-seeking information lines.
7. Retention and Destruction. Personal information collected by PENDOPHARM will only be retained for as long as it remains necessary to fulfill the purposes identified or as required by law. At the expiration of such period, your personal information will be destroyed in the manner specified by the relevant Chief Privacy Officer.
8. Right to Unsubscribe, Complaints and Inquiries. PENDOPHARM’s Chief Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring that Pharmascience complies with this Policy and applicable privacy laws. If you want to update your personal information or change your marketing preferences; or would like more information about PENDOPHARM’s information handling practices; or would like to make a comment or complaint, please contact the Chief Privacy Officer at:
Chief Privacy Officer
6111 Royalmount Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2T4 Canada
Phone: (514) 340-5025
Facsimile: (514) 340-7264
Email: [email protected]
9. Access to Personal Information. If you submit personal information, you have the right to consult and modify it. You may request access to your personal information by sending your request by email to [email protected] Subject to certain exceptions and limitations prescribed by law, you will be given access to your personal information within a reasonable time and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. Exceptions may include, but is not limited to information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains reference to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Any reasons for denying access to personal information shall be provided by PENDOPHARM upon request.
10. Changes. To accommodate changes in this Site, technology and legal developments, these terms and conditions may be changed by PENDOPHARM without prior notice. PENDOPHARM’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information will be governed by the version of these terms in effect at the time. New versions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted will signify your consent to the changes.